Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 5

Week 5, halfway of the course! and great progress in our projects!

During this week we had the chance to review a complete different view about assessment!

Alternative assessment  is directly related to our students ways of learning, their strategies and styles which teachers have to consider when working on tasks or projects! That is, through an exam, written or oral, is not the only way we have to assess learning. We can give learners the opportunity to be involve in the process of assessment and learning. It´s about working in teams, teachers, student and peers! they learn one from each other.


But, how can we do that? Project based learning is the best way, they work all term long to accomplish different tasks that are part of a project. And the most appropiate way to review learning goals is by using a rubric.

I created a rubric in Rubistar, you can take a look at my oral presentation rubric

I was so excited because I could use it in my class this week. Although it was another topic still an oral presentation and I used the same rubric I had created in the site proposed in the course.

Look at the picture of one of my students doing her oral presentation

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yohimar
    I love the picture, and I love that you did soe,thing in class that you were able to us this past week. To me, that is a successful moment. Thanks for sharing that.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete