Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 4

One more week,

and the learning experiences are even better! this week we are working on lesson plans enhancing technology especially for teaching vocabulary, reading and writing. I love activities for developing these skills.

That is what I like and do the most in my English classes. During this week, I am checking multi-skills websites like Activities for ESL students related to colors and months of the year!  I would use them to promote practice outside the classroom, which is my students need!

Reading and writing are the foundation of any communicative purpose we can have in our classes. In my lessons, my students read short stories everyday and homework is basically focused on writing compositions about topics related to their daily life...That´s why, when preparing my first lesson class for webskills winter course, I proposed PENZU  this is for writing and sharing diaries or journals. This is great to develop writing and reading skills. You can check it at Yohima´s lesson plan

Still working on week 4 activities,

Yohimar:)

4 comments:

  1. I like Penzu a lot, too. I think it's a great tool for writing and I'm thinking about using this tool in my final project. At least, it's on my list. I still have to narrow my choices a bit, but I'll definitely consider it.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yohimar,

    Thanks for sharing Penzu with us. I just took a look at that site and it seems to be an all-in-one solution for an online diary. The features are quite easy to use, and we can customize our page to make it suit our needs. The nice thing about Penzu is that it makes our online diary look different from a normal blog. The editing tools are also plentiful, thus making the entries more eye-catching.

    FYI, I also like the way you use Penzu for your class, especially when you ask your students to write a Penzu entry about their experience using this very site for the first time. I believe the students' writing skill and their knowledge about Penzu will be greatly enhanced with this kind of task.

    Ky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Yohimar adorable blog, and I like Penzu too.It will be an excellent tool in your project.
    For me one of the best thing of this week was to meet you!
    I hope to see you again!

    Orquidia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Luisa and Ky!

    Yes, penzu is such a friendly tool! I love it! I will use it in my project, I guess! I am like Luisa, many ideas in my head, have to narrow it xD
    And Orquidia, thanks for your comment! It was great to meet during this week! I am about to post our pic in a new entry 
    Keep going girls!

    Yohimar

    ReplyDelete