Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 8 (Project draft)

Week 8, a week for hard work!

This week has been really tough for me, catching up with some papers for the MA I started 3 weeks ago,  the project report draft of webskills course and the usual tasks of each week...Not that easy! But, I nailed it :)

During this week, we discussed about online tools applied to teaching practice, especially language teaching. People came up with some suggestions such as skype, LMS, VLEs, blogger, nicenet, ANVILL and some other tools we can use to teach online. I am sure they all work but this should not be just about content but also management of learning. In order for students to have a certain sense of autonomy in their learning, for example, VLEs must have a structure that begins in socializing, passing through interaction until they get personal demostrable competence in what they are learning as Salmon suggests in her model for e-moderation http://www.atimod.com/e-moderating/5stage.shtml

Another important thing about my progress during this week, is that I worked with Marina (Greece) and Orquidia (Venezuela) checking our project report draft. We gave really good feedback concerning our reports. It is nice to learn from each other to improve our products from this amazing course.We are doing our best and helping one another to make perfect project reports

Well, actually I am so excited to achieve this first 2012 promise! The E-teacher scholarship program gave me a great opportunity to get updated and become a better teacher!

Still having a blast in this course,

Yohimar

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yohimar

    I am writing to thank you for your comments which really helped me inform my report.

    Thank you so much! I hope we 'll keep talking after this course ends.

    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    Yeah you are right...We should continue in touch..this is my twitter account @Yohimar and find me in facebook too as Yohimar Andreina.

    Thanks to you for such a great feedback, I see you are a great teacher with so much experience o.O I learned a lot from you during the course...

    Yohimar

    ReplyDelete