Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 9 (Projects)

Well, during this week we had to improve our projects and upload to the wiki the final version. A no so busy week since I did my best during last week to do a good draft, so I just had to make some changes after my partners feedback.

The course is almost over and I feel really satisfied with the process and final products. From 20 participants, 19 have finished and added their projects into our wiki . It means we did it people =)

During this week we also discussed about learning styles and multiple intelligences, Gardner´s theory.
 they are:
* words (linguistic intelligence)
* numbers or logic (logical-mathematical intelligence)
* pictures (spatial intelligence)
* music (musical intelligence)
* self-reflection (intrapersonal intelligence)
* a physical experience (bodily-kinesthetic intelligence)
* a social experience (interpersonal intelligence), and/or
* an experience in the natural world. (naturalist intelligence)

We had to focus on applying this theory to the learning and teaching of English using tech tools. I proposed different online tools that can be combined to take advantage of each student´s learning style and intelligent, such as facebook, twitter, Vyou, ning among others. 
As you can see, technology expands our horizons about the available teaching tools different than the convencional ones, and that is what I am going to do in my classes from now on. This course gave me the tools to improve my teaching practice and now I feel responsible to be the change in the subject, to try to make things different and overcome all shortcomings and restraints I have in my school.

Still working on my week 9 tasks,

Yohimar

No comments:

Post a Comment